Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Purple Rain

What a let down!  The purple and gold pirates with a super intimidating eye patch sailed into Blacksburg on their wooden ship and rained on our parade.  The training staff was still cleaning buckeyes out of the players travel bags when Shane Carden threw for 427 yards, racked up 3 touchdowns in 12 minutes and ran for the deciding touchdown at the very end of the 4th quarter.



The defense was on its heels the whole game and Bud did not seem to be able to do anything about it!!  ECU is a talented team who will play in a bowl this year and I wish them luck this weekend against the TarHoles!


We had them beat in the Tunnel!

The tailgate was a wet one but the rain let up just in time for kick off.  Good crowd and good food.  We went with a breakfast theme and will be doing the same this weekend.  Thanks to everyone for bringing something to the party.  Bob was cooking eggs made to order and the Mimosas were flowing.  I personally had too many rum and cokes!  This early tailgate kept me busy and I did not get any good pictures this trip.  Please send what you have so I can share them with the crowd.

Next up is the bumble bees from Atlanta Georgia!  The "Ramblin Wreck" that is the HokieMobile will be there.  Mine is better looking, even without the cheerleaders.  Maybe they will let me drive out on the field someday?


The bees have caused us trouble in the past and I was just reliving the nightmare of Calvin Johnson scoring 21 points on us in 7 minutes back in 2006 as I watched the first quarter of the ECU game!  The triple option is no longer a secret but we may not be able to contain the outside run.  The Bees do not look good this year but we cannot lose in the division!  I am bringing a couple of Ga Tech fans to the tailgate to help us celebrate so please make them feel at home.  Yes I have been taking crap from all the pirate fans this week.  I have never seen so much purple in my life!

We are faced with another NOON kickoff so the breakfast/brunch theme is on the menu again.  Bring something for breakfast and put it on the table.  Bloody Mary's will be at the bar again.  I plan to start setting up around 8am and be eating at 9:30am.  Hokie Cheer at 11:00 and victory by 3:30pm


Weather looks to be on our side with high of 76 degrees and only 10% chance of rain.  I am going to be optimistic and leave the tent at home!  So with good weather possibly on hand maybe Biff will come to the tailgate sooner than 1 minute before we leave for the stadium!
As always I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in Lot 7 on Saturday.  Travel safe from your homes and as always...

GO HOKIES!!!  BEAT THE JACKETS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment